P.O. Box 3735, Shawnee, KS 66203 ~ email@example.com
- Currently traveling the United States by train (and plane) writing feature articles, blog updates, and train travel guides.
- Editor and columnist for Evolving Woman and Evolving Magazine for 15 years combined.
- Regular Contributor to Kansas City Star “Simplify Your Life” department for two years.
- Food Writer for Gayot.com.
- Recent projects: * Three list stories for Business Jet Traveler magazine’s “Book of Lists.” * Created “Top Travel Tips for the U.S. by Rail” video for The Voyage Report * Writing a series of destination pieces for Bass Angler Magazine * Regular Contributor for Old Liquors Magazine.
- Kansas City expert and author of travel guide, “Best of Kansas City: 3-Day Itinerary” for Unanchor.com. As the Kansas City expert, preparing to write 11 city profiles on a Coffee Tour for the area CVBs.
- Author of The Joyous Journey: Living Life On Purpose, With Purpose and Best of Kansas City.
- Editor-in-Chief of Evolving Woman for six years and an additional nine years for Evolving Magazine.
- Extensive experience writing interviews/profiles. A partial list includes authors (Richard Bach, Shakti Gawain, Marianne Williamson, Suze Orman), professional experts, individuals who overcome great adversity (Living Proof), and source quotes.
- Prepared public relations pieces for two advertising agencies (press releases, feature articles, and contest entries).
- Website development: written hundreds of keyword-optimized articles for three agencies.
- Created audio and edited an online marketing campaign for paynoadvertising.com. (See testimonial below.)
- News experience includes reporting for Disaster News Network, Dos Mundos, and Osawatomie Graphic, and sports writing for The Gardner News and Kansas City Sports Calendar.
- Background includes travel writing, interviews/profiles, food writing, self-help/spirituality, true crime, news reporting, and public relations. Expertise in travel, wellness, eating local, wine/spirits, and train travel.
- “Having outsourced numerous projects, Jill is one of the most professional and enthusiastic writers and editors I have ever worked with. I am very impressed with her prompt response, active engagement to come up with creative solutions and ability to manage projects without supervision. She has effective communication skills and always seeks to clarify instructions. Jill even volunteered to work over the weekend in order to meet my launch date. I am looking forward to working with Jill on future projects and recommend her whole-heartedly.” –Lei Wang, PayNoAdvertising.com
- “Jill – Your story is terrific–exactly what I was looking for–and the photos turned out great as well. Thanks for everything.” –Matt Kelsey, GateHouse Magazine
Additional recommendations on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jilldutton
Links to Clips
Glamping for Campers Who Hate Roughing It Matador Network
6 Places to Get Pickled in Ann Arbor, Michigan Evolving Magazine
The Speakeasy Makes a Comeback Old Liquors Magazine
From Grains to Glass | Ann Arbor Distilling Co. Old Liquors Magazine
Journey by Train to See West Virginia Up Close and Personal Evolving Magazine
Widowed in New Orleans Bass Angler Magazine
Kansas City Whiskey is Back Old Liquors Magazine
Chicago Bass Angler Magazine
West Texas’ First Distillery Old Liquors Magazine
Travel Colorado by train for just $53 Blasting News
Book of Lists Business Jet Traveler
Your Wife Doesn’t Like to Fish? Bring Her Along Anyway! Bass Angler Magazine
A Saturday Morning in Kansas City Unanchor.com
Top Travel Tips for the U.S. by Rail video and text for The Voyage Report
Trippin’ the USA by Rail: Colorado Evolving Magazine
You Won’t Want to Miss These 4 Great Places to Eat in Winter Park The Outbound Collective
Day Trip by Rail: Jefferson City, Missouri Evolving Kansas City
Solo in New Orleans Evolving Santa Fe
9 Spectacular Places to Eat in Santa Fe, New Mexico Women Who Explore
Fighter is Beating the Odds KC Sports Calendar
What’s Cooking Shawnee Magazine
Kansas City Star—dozens of clips available upon request.
More articles on Jill’s blog.
Facebook USA by Rail: https://www.facebook.com/wanderlust.usa.by.rail